Tuesday 4 September 2007

Happy Birthday

Today would have been my dad's 74th Birthday. So Happy Birthday dad and Grandad. But while its a sad day its also one for counting blessings. I am so fortunate and have got so much to be thankfully for. I have a loving family. I have got Ste who is my rock and who over the last year has given me so much, and i find with each day i grew to love him and respect him more he is simple my best friend as well as my gorgeous husband and the most wonderful daddy. And of course there is Abigail the most beautiful girl, and i now how much love and joy she has given us and i thank god for giving her to us and i am so thankful we have her.

I guess the gift of Abigail is all the more precious when i see what my friend is going through there plans for having kids on hold and the chance that they may not be able to have kids at all. And why i know she would rather be cured and have no kids than be ill and have a child i hear the sadness the longing and the fear in her voice. I keep praying for them and know that god has a plan and he will reveal it in his time. I prey that i can be a good friend to her and be all that she needs me to be. Because no matter what she is going through she still took the time to phone me and check i was ok today. Friendship is a precious gift and one that we can too often take for granted. So today i am celebrating dads birthday and counting my blessings.

1 comment:

Heather's place said...

Hi Lorna

Been away for a couple of weeks so not heard your news.

So sorry to hear about Debbie. Please let her know I will pray for her. I will pray for you too as you carry on being a good friend.

I'm glad you can celebrate your Dad's life.

Keep up the writing.

Love
H