Monday 24 October 2011

Home Sweet Home

After a Nightmare 3 days i am finally home. Samuel started with a tummy bug on fri then i followed thought it was just a bug and would be ok by morning Sammy was he was back to eating and drinking but by sat evening i was still beeing sick and couldnt keep anything down including water, had high blood sugars. Ste had been great all day keep the kids out of the way so i cuold rest but by evening he had to phone the oncall gp who told him to phone 999, to which i agreed if he came with me sio must have been ill, its , not a nice experience being a patient on an ambulance. But they gave me some iv fluids and something to stop me being sick and was ok but exhausted took me through to a and e and then when they gotmy blood results i was rushed round to resus. Because of my diabetes i had gone acidotic and they need to correct it and watch me, i also had a really high pottasium level which thay needed to get down because it was causing my heart rate to do funny things, hence critical care. But by sun morning they started taking drips down and i was back on normal insulin and told i could go to ward but there were no beds so stayed where i was until they sent me home today.Just coming home has exhausted me but i am so glad to be home as i havent seen Abigail or Sammy since Saturday, i have just had some proper food but feeling really washed out now didnt know it took so much energy just to climb the stairs and as much as it was good to see Abigail and Samuel i am so relieved they have gone to bed. The other thing is poor ste came down with it on Sunday.

Dont know what we would have done without my Mom and Ste's Mom and Dad so a big thank you for helping us. And of course Ste who as always looked after me and i am sorry i scared you.

No comments: